Monday, November 24, 2008

Life in Africa-DAY 2

What a great day.  (Long but awesome)

I started this morning waking up late, although only 15 minutes, I was still late!  I was hurrying to finish up before my ride came to pick me up but I found out that he woke up 25 minutes late!!!  I was a rough morning.  Once everyone was there Joel (missionary) began to speak,  in French, to the other natives that were there.  When Joel finished,  the other Africans began to sing and worship (I am beginning to love African music).

We went to three different schools today, and we handed out approximately 600 gifts!!!!  I was great to see the reactions when these kids got the chance to rip open their presents.  The smiles on their faces were literally indescribable.  And the funny thing is that although I didn't speak a word of French,  it was like we were communicating perfectly.  It was a beautiful thing.

I am beginning to make friends with some of the Africans, as well.  I think it is the van rides and they laugh at me as I try to sing their songs with them.  I was getting tired of them laughing,  so I just decided to clap instead (probably better for everyone)!

I was a long, joyful, and exciting day!  Tomorrow we start at 6:00 AM, and we are going to three different schools.  I will keep you all updated.

No comments: