Monday, October 20, 2008

Research Paper

I believe I am going to write my report on the comparison between missionaries on the field compared to the number of Americans who attend church.  Missions have always interested me because I have a natural call on my life to work overseas. 

            My pastor, Scott Miller, has inspired me to dream big and aim high.  He is also the one who first got me interested in missions.  He is a board member for Mustard Seed International, which is a mission organization that sends missionaries into the field. 

            Thus far I have research some of the numbers of the largest churches in America, I have found out approximately, how many Christian churches there are in the country, I have also research the number of missionaries in the mission field.

            I would like to say that I am going to become an emerging expert in this field, but as of now I am just a small tadpole in a huge pond.  There is still plenty to learn, and many people to learn from.   To learn more I plan of interviewing my Senior Pastor, Scott Miller, and ask him about the success that he sees in missions.  I will also be interviewing a missionary from Burkina Faso Africa, to get another first hand account on what it is like living in another country.  

1 comment:

Ms. Brown said...

I'm still a little unsure exactly what it is you want to compare, but your interest in the topic is an advantage, as is your interview prospect. You should also be considering your audience, as a general audience can not be solely characterized as Christian. When it's time to turn your Report into an argument later in the semester, you'll have a fair amount to work against (as I'm sure you know, missionaries are often heavily criticized for their proselytizing), which is actually an advantage--you want some tension. Good luck!